Monday 3 November 2014

Looking back - first the USA

Wow! It's been a super hectic Summer, with so many wonderful moments, memories and experiences. I 'm furious that I just can't seem to keep up the blog when I am on the move as I am up until past midnight most nights away doing the travel journals. I think I will jolly well have to do better in the future. Life is sweet at the moment - I am enjoying a quiet few weeks back in Lousada, the cats are ecstatic, and I have fashioned a great studio space in the garage area where I am spending happy hours. Best not to blog on and on about my travels I think, just post a few photos and comments about certain places, though I do want to say more about my unbelievable experience in Ireland - firstly at the 'Space for Dreaming" workshop at Bantry House run by artist Pauline Agnew, and then my wonderful adventures touring just a little of South West Ireland. I was amazed at the beauty and mystery of the area, and it has left an indelible mark on me.

My absolute favourite, taken by Isabel - Greenland


Isabel and I continued with our Thelma and Louise imitation and had a ball in California and Arizona. First we stayed with my wonderful friend Diane in her apartment in Long Beach. We shopped, explored, saw a lot of art and did the whole Hollywood thing. In other words, we had a fantastic time. Los Angeles and its environs continue to baffle me....it's a vast, crowded area. The roads are super congested and travel is difficult.

You've got to be silly sometimes...can you spot the Hollywood sign???? It's there, I promise..
I'm sure there are no-go areas but we didn't see them. But...most of the area is gorgeous. Long Beach, Laguna Beach and all the smaller settlements are each very unique, full of great restaurants, superb coastline, art galleries and unique, fascinating shops. A recipe for a very happy Linda. Isabel loved her first experience of Hollywood - and even grabbed a coffee with George before he got married......she had to turn him down as she is a married lady (I'd have committed bigamy without hesitation!)



....and I got quite famous, too. My pink mop seems to cause a stir wherever I go. I get asked to sign autographs and pose for many pictures. As I have never been a head turner, never endowed with beauty or grace, it is finally, I really feel, my turn at 66! It's an amazing conversation started and ice-breaker! People even believe I might be cool (no harm in trying!)

Uber-excited tourists from the Midwest!
This was for a FASHION blog! Wonders will never cease!!!
The artist asked ME to pose in front of his picture!!!!
Next stop somewhere new - Palm Springs......

No comments:

Post a Comment