Friday 15 May 2015

Why Pink Buddha?

The Pink Buddha means so much to me - I started painting Buddhas because they kind of speak to me, so hard to describe. My late Roy always acted rather as the voice of my conscience. Now I feel that the Buddhas do much the same. I both see and hear Roy in them, but also something even deeper, a spirituality, a force which I need to listen to, understand and make sense of, to be kinder and more generous, to be more forgiving - to be wiser and make better decisions. All this and much more that cannot be verbalised. I need to connect to this force to find the energy and work ethic I need for this enterprise - I have to dig deep and overcome the pull of laziness! I'm going to give it all I've got!

I am going to give it all I've got...plus the champagne!

No comments:

Post a Comment