Thursday 25 April 2013

Painting......lost and found

My journals have been laid aside recently. I am keen to get back to them, but a new passion has entered into my life and there just doesn't seem to be enough time for it all. The Buddha painting course has proved to be wonderful. Not only in giving me excellent guidance to paint Buddha's face in a colourful and meditative way, but it has also given me inspiration, ideas and techniques to go back to abandoned pictures and start again. I had had a crisis at the easel! I had lost my way, I suppose, got frustrated and couldn't go forward. The Buddha programme sparked off something inside me - I can't work out what - but I just got going again. The finished product is not so important for me as the process - I know I will get better with time - and I know that I should take a little more care - but I feel now that I can, and know how to. Of-course, everything else gets neglected, but I am enjoying my days for now! I got my painting mojo back!

There is much to do around the nose and mouth, and final glazes to be laid, so this is the unfinished Buddha....



So much work to do - I have visitors from the US next week, then I am going back to my favourite cottage in a tiny hamlet in the  delightful Northern Alentejo in Central Portugal for two weeks, then more visitors from the US in June, then the house has to be got ready for all the summer visitors (huge amount of work here)...and I am back off to India.

...and here is my last painting, inspired by a scary helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon in a snowstorm!



No comments:

Post a Comment