Thursday 24 April 2014

Lulls and Limbos

The past few weeks have been hard - bureaucratic nightmares, a nightmare scenario of endless documents and lawyer-dependence. But things SEEM to be finally happening and I am almost daring to believe that matters will get resolved soon and I can get on with the rest of my life....just a couple more weeks to wait and see. Fingers crossed, everyone.


A Buddha for me.....

This has once again tipped me over the edge deep into my travel addiction! At the detailed planning stage (to be confirmed in two weeks) is a longed-for return to California and Arizona, visiting friends, breathing in once more the desert air, geology-spotting and maybe more whales off Monterey. I just can't wait to get there. Plans include a few new places - especially a ride through Death Valley! Hope we come out the other end. I've also just written to my friends in Kerala to see if I can visit - and the summer should, if all goes to plan, with a fabulous painting course in Ireland and a trip to the UK. Then 2015 will arrive quickly enough - and lots of ideas bubbling away!


A Buddha for friends...



















 Art-wise I think I am a bit too tensed up waiting to paint very well.....but I have done a couple more Buddhas and hoping to paint some portraits, too. It's a bit of a vicious circle, though, as I need to practise to get better, and I still can't work out why I constantly get so distracted! This is daft, as the more I worry about it, the less painting becomes pleasurable and free...so I need to have a little chat with myself about this. So I'll leave it there for now - in the land of limbo....but hopefully the way out is crystallising in some neon glow just ahead, just out of reach.....

WIP........change background and add lots more texture and do eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment