Wednesday 6 March 2013

New Beginnings.....

This long, grey winter continues and is getting everyone down. I am living through one of the worst generators of stress...trying to sell a house and land. So stressful that I have lost my creative muse for several days now but want to keep busy. I have finally decided to act on the huge sign on my cork notice board above the computer "DO BLOG". It's also a chance to relive some of my better adventures during the last year - and to look at some of the journalling I've been doing. I can't imagine travelling now without my journal - it's a record of not just what I do and see - but a chronicle of people, of interactions, of kindnesses and conversations. So where to resume?

Maybe with a journey. A fantastic journey all alone into the wilds of Utah to see landforms and landscapes - twin loves in my life. Beautifully planned out and mapped by my travel agent, a car was waiting for me at Salt Lake City airport and I arrived at a very upmarket hotel downtown. With one day to sightsee, the decision wasn't hard. Temples and Mormons or craft stores and art galleries?.....The amazing concierge prepared a whole list for me of ideas for art stores, craft stores and all sorts for me to visit.
Above is just one wonderland for detailed exploration......




The mountains around Salt Lake City were spectacular, real peaks with snow in June. I love to see how the tree species change with altitude, leading to a sea of greens of every hue. In my journal, I wrote, 'The spruce look like church spires in a lime-green aspen sea'. Every road was prepared for an amateur geologist such as I - information boards at every lay-by explaining rock formations and types in detail. I just soak these things up and go into some sort of uber-excited dream state of heightened happiness. Days like that day should never end. Back to Salt Lake City - as clean and hygienic as Donny Osmond's teeth, twice round the square to look at the tabernacle, then a picnic supper in my posh hotel bedroom....I'll resume the blog tomorrow, too!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooohhhh !! I want I want I want !! Everything in the craft shop !! lol!!! Looks a lovely place.

    Not to mention those trees, mountains and scenery of course !!!

    ReplyDelete