Sunday 20 October 2013

Humble Offerings

I have been trying out quite a lot of abstract art work recently, and this is becoming quite a passion. It takes ages for me to get started, but then I lose track of time and hours can go by without my noticing. Many of the ideas are not mine - some are ideas from various books, but I do usually try to add my own twist. Learning to paint is no different to any other learning. You have to learn technique first, try out people's work whom you admire, and only then are you really equipped to do your own thing as ideas flood in. I am overwhelmed still with the shapes and colours of South West USA - and feel a lot of urges to paint these welling up inside me....


This one's my own - it's not any specific place, just all my visual memories in one picture - just colour and shape
Pity Rothko got there first but I do love playing with colour fields. These are all sizes ranging form sketchbook pages to large canvases!



Add caption

I now have a large sketchbook for tryouts - this one hopefully will end up slightly altered on canvas one day!

More holiday impressions


These two are definitely not my original idea but I got huge pleasure from doing them in my large sketchbook....



Finally two of my small sillies!!!

The cat walked over this and made it unique - can you see the red paw print?

Needs redoing with better colour!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment